Youʼre probably here right now because youʼre ﬁnally ready to experience more energy, less stress, and a greater overall sense of peace and balance in your life. Itʼs likely the case that youʼre struggling with one or more chronic health problems, and youʼre looking for help– ideally using natural solutions that donʼt have any side effects. If thatʼs the case, youʼre in the right place.
Functional medicine is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, functional medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
Functional medicine is personalized medicine that deals with primary prevention and underlying causes instead of symptoms for serious chronic disease. It is a science-based field of health care that is grounded in the following principles:
- Biochemical individuality describes the importance of individual variations in metabolic function that derive from genetic and environmental differences among individuals.
- Patient-centered medicine emphasizes "patient care" rather than "disease care," following Sir William Osler’s admonition that "It is more important to know what patient has the disease than to know what disease the patient has."
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors.
- Web-like interconnections of physiological factors – an abundance of research now supports the view that the human body functions as an orchestrated network of interconnected systems, rather than individual systems functioning autonomously and without effect on each other. For example, we now know that immunological dysfunctions can promote cardiovascular disease, that dietary imbalances can cause hormonal disturbances, and that environmental exposures can precipitate neurologic syndromes such as Parkinson’s disease.
Acupuncture is an ancient health tradition that focuses on balancing the functional energy or Qi of the body. Fine needles are inserted into speciﬁc points along the body to induce therapeutic beneﬁts that are far-ranging in nature. Relaxing tension allows all body systems to heal. Acupuncture works on the level of energy by harmonizing the flow of Qi through the main energetic pathways of the body. Quantum physics has verified that our entire material world is comprised of energy, as is the human body. Acupuncture is so unique because it is one of the few therapies that can manipulate the flow of energy in the body and mind to produce a therapeutic effect. In acupuncture theory, until chronic health conditions are addressed on the energetic level, the root cause or problem will often be neglected.
Chinese herbal medicine is an ancient, highly elaborate system of natural healing that has been used by billions of people for all kinds of health conditions.
Chinese herbal medicine is a wonderful complement to acupuncture treatment, as it works on different substrates in the body and maintains continuity in therapeutic intervention.
Chinese herbs work more on the level of blood and manifest physiology. The herbs contain macro and micronutrients that can have specific therapeutic effects on certain organs of the body, such as the liver or kidneys. By working on both the immaterial and material levels, the treatment of acupuncture with herbs is much more effective and lasting.
Acutron Needle-less Microcurrent Acupuncture
Microlight technology combines low frequency and low intensity electrical currents with a range of therapeutic colors of visible light. These are delivered through a patented dual probe system that both measures and treats for optimal accuracy and results.
It works in a similar way as acupuncture, through the following mechanisms:
- By removing electrical-energetic blockages in the body that create or aggravate pain.
- Light and currents help harmonize and balance the regulatory systems of the body – neuro-muscular, endocrine and subtle energy – supporting the body in healing itself from the inside out.
- Through lymph clearing, which is vital for resolution of chronic disease and pain processes.
- Boosting cellular ATP levels and promotion of ionic transport through cell membranes.
- Helping the cells and tissues detoxify.
Microlight provides superior results to traditional needle acupuncture through the use of color wavelengths, specific frequencies and polarities that the body powerfully responds to. This can be considered the greatest modern advance in the 5000 year old history of acupuncture with the ability to use less needles or no needles at all.
Microlight treatment provides remarkably effective and rapid results for:
- Acute and chronic pain relief and pain management – with no drugs or needles.
- Accelerated rehabilitation after injuries, surgery or stroke.
- Helping heal patients with neurological degenerative conditions such as MS, post-stroke and Parkinson’s.
- Anti-aging facial and whole-body rejuvenation treatments.
- Support for a wide range of internal medical and emotional conditions
Neuro Emotional Technique
Emotions such as fear, anger grief and many others can negatively affect us long after the original event that caused them. When our body fails to “let go” of these emotions we can find ourselves with unexplained aversions, self-sabotaging behaviours, destructive beliefs, phobias and many chronic physical problems!
We use an approach called Neuro Emotional Technique (NET) to identify and help you let go of “stuck” emotional patterns.
People used to think emotions resided entirely in their brain. Now we know other arts of the body can hold emotions too. Ever felt butterflies in your stomach before a speech, referred to something as a “pain in the neck” or felt a “lump in your throat”? Clearly, emotions happen in our body, not just our brain!
If we’re in a weakened state due to poor nutrition, stress or physical trauma, everyday emotions may not resolve naturally. Later in our lives when we experience a similar situation the old emotional response kicks in.
We rarely see the link between the past event and our present situation. NET can help and identify the unresolved real (or imagined) event and help your body release its lingering emotional charge. For good! Finding and balancing these stuck memory loops is done with the help of simple muscle testing. This helps determine if your body is in harmony with a particular concept or idea which is linked to an unresolved emotional event.
You’ll form a mental picture, or “snapshot” of the original triggering event. Your body will assume an emotional state similar to the way is originally reacted. Then, we’ll contact, or ask you to contact, a specific body point storing the emotion. This helps your body release the unresolved emotion linked to the event. It’s simple.
After the correction, many patients report feeling that a heavy weight has been lifted from their shoulders. Situations or people that used to trigger a stress reaction simply don’t have any more “charge.”
Laser Allergy Desensitization Therapy
An allergy is an error in the immune system where the body adversely reacts (has a histamine reaction) to a completely harmless substance. It is an association error made by the nervous system. An allergic reaction can manifest in a variety of symptoms:
- Sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes and throat
- Skin sensitivities- hives, rashes, Eczema
- Low energy
- Poor sleep
- Stomach/gastrointestinal problems
Allergies are nothing more than an inappropriate response to something that is perfectly harmless. Your body sees an ordinary substance as foreign and attacks it, sending you into an allergic reaction of red, itchy eyes, a scratchy throat and trouble breathing. It is essentially a neurological error in the body's immune system where it does anything it can to combat this "bad, foreign" substance. But, this substance is perfectly harmless. What's worse is now a new association is turned into an engrained pathway in your nervous system which will associate that substance as a foreign object from there on out. It is a substance/association error that is made and learned by your nervous system. An example of this is when you eat a normally harmless food and it makes you sick afterwards (eggs for example). You get sick and you know what happens (no details necessary here). Your body will associate the sickness with the food that you ate so that, most likely, even months to years down the road the sight or smell of eggs will make you nauseous and even a little sick. But eggs are not the problem; it's the incorrect association that your nervous system has made - that's the problem!
We use a unique system that assesses and balances the body on multiple levels. It does so by combining the powerful, time-tested principles of Oriental medicine (acupuncture points) with the latest knowledge of human biology, physiology, as well as the advancements in laser technology and computer software. These treatments have the ability to reprogram the immune system to balance the body’s inappropriate response to perfectly harmless substances (allergens).
Food is the best medicine. By focusing on each person’s unique biochemical individuality and their specific health conditions and goals, we devise the optimal dietary guidelines for each patient. Combining time-tested nutritional guidelines together with the latest research on the specific impact of foods on our biochemistry.